Wednesday, July 9, 2008

this day will never end, but mental diarrhea aka blogging helps

My dad just bought me a Kaplan MCAT course online for $1800. Right now I am fantasizing about the things that I could have done with that money had I been smart and chosen a career path that didn't involve 10-15 years of higher education.
--approximately six (6) plane tickets (depending on destination, of course)
--all day spa treatment for me and 3.09 of my closest friends
--macbook air, basic model
--11.1% of my smartcar
--a pony

You get the idea. This probably isn't the healthiest way to think, but a lot of my thoughts revolve around fantasies--what I would do if I won the lottery, what I would do if I were invisible, what I would do if I could breathe underwater, etc. In fact, just last night I had a dream that I was engaged to Jacob Dylan, and that I was going to meet Bob Dylan for the first time and was freaking out because I was afraid he was going to make me play guitar and sing for him. Talk about random.

In other news, my friend Hannah and I have decided to start crashing weddings. Nothing outrageous like in that movie, but we were discussing how we both have a lot of really nice clothes and nowhere that we can wear them. So we both figure since Charleston has more churches per capita than practically ANYWHERE and everyone thinks it is really beautiful, blah blah blah, chances are that any given chruch or reception hall or hotel on any given Saturday at any given time for the next couple of months will probably have some kind of wedding reception going on. So we are going to go, eat the food, have a few drinks, dance a while, and then head out. I mean, the worst that can happen is we get thrown out. Big whoop.

I went to a bachelorette party this past weekend, and despite all of my expectations had a really good time. It probably helped that we had totally sick outfits. And it probably also helped that Courtney doesn't seem to really care about the fact that she's getting married, so everything associated with the occasion is really low key. Anyways, it was a good time, and no one had to spend any money whatsoever.

No comments: