Wednesday, June 25, 2008

smart (car).

I am seriously considering buying a SmartCar. As in I have looked into all possible pricing and style options, as well as calculated what my payment plan would be. I have also read endless literature on safety statistics and vehicle specs. I can't find anything bad about it at all. When I proposed the idea to my mom she was like "You can only fit two people in it! What if you have to haul something?" Well, I have considered this and I realized something--not only do I almost NEVER travel in my car with anyone other than myself, but the only time in the history of me driving that I can recall loading up my car for any reason is when I have moved somewhere--to a different apartment, home for the summer, or into or out of a dorm. As of now, I am not going to be moving for at least 5 years--and even when I do, I'm pretty sure I can figure something out. I guess the car itself hasn't really reached cool status yet in the US, but what the hell, the trend isn't going to start itself--I just hope I won't have any giant truck owners tailing me on the interstate in a display of masculine dominance (read: aggressive ignorance). So yeah, I'm thinking that within the next few weeks I'll make the reservation online, and use the year that it takes to be made to save up for a down payment. Did I mention that the design I am looking at costs $13,000?

No comments: