Monday, July 14, 2008

katie in real life


I love going home. This past weekend we were gassing up my dad's truck at the Ingles gas station. To our left was a older guy filling up a 200 gallon tractor reservoir with diesel. Behind us was a guy who had driven his john deere backhoe over and was waiting patiently behind us to fill up his tank.

Also, I went to a funeral out in Woodruff on Saturday, but got there way too early so I decided to drive around and check things out. And then I found my dream house. It was in the middle of nowhere (relatively) and was one of those small farm houses with a great front porch and a stone chimney. But it was the details that really sold it--the old dog laying on the front porch, the 1950's era Chevy in the driveway, the inability to see a neighboring house from any vantage point on the property. And there was an apple tree. I swear. I'm going to go back and visit it the next time I am home. I consider it mine now.

1 comment:

kelly said...

awww so awesome.

GUESS WHO'S BACK ON BLOGGER?