Wednesday, May 19, 2010

life is good, awkward

You know, even though I'm unemployed and living in a basement right now, I find that I am rather enjoying myself. I thought I was going to be really lonely and bummed out when i first got here, but actually its just the opposite--I really am starting to love this city, and every day I'm able to go out and wander the streets and orient myself further with it. It's kind of like when you meet a new guy that you really like and you just want to spend all of your time with just him. Just me and Portland, hangin' out. And I think this one might really go somewhere, tee hee!

Oh, and BEST MORNING EVER--I went to check my bank account with a heavy heart this morning and...SURPRISE BITCH, FINAL PAYCHECK FROM MUSC! I didn't even know it was coming. What a relief, because this buys me a couple of more weeks before I start freaking out about not being able to find a job.

I'm going over to my new house to talk with my landlord, Chap Wu. He's the most stereotypical asian guy I've ever met, he even said on the phone "you come with check fo 600 dollar" when I talked to him about signing the lease. It'll be nice to have my own room again, but the basement here isn't actually too bad--there's a bed with an awesome down comforter, and Ellen's pitbull Betsy comes down and snuggles with me every night so I don't get scared.

No comments: