Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the rainbow connection

I was reading a book one time, and there was a part where the main character Kate was in a generally depressed mood over something, and she was watching the Muppet Show and started bawling because Jim Henson died. I remember thinking it was so funny and cute at the time.

Well, I have been listening to The Eagle and the Hawk by John Denver all morning long (i'm in one of those moods where I can't get enough of a song and everyone around me has to suffer because of it), and a little while ago I suddenly was SO SAD that he died. Even though it happened when I was in like, the eighth grade, and at the time the only reason I cared was that my mom was very upset about it. Just listen to the song and I think you might understand why I feel like this. It makes you want to hang glide off of Mt. Everest.



And when I searched for an image to go with this blog, I stumbled upon this beaut. Full circle.

No comments: