Wednesday, October 29, 2008

whatever happened to nap time

I died of boredom yesterday. Just like Jim from The Office. I was sitting at my desk filling out some orders for chemicals or something like that when all of a sudden I was just overcome by the desire to slam my face on my desk and lay there with my arms hanging by my sides. So I did. I didn't expect Dina to immediately understand what had happened and yell "I THINK KATIE JUST DIED OF BOREDOM!" across the entire room, but it was definitely a nice touch. Very sitcom-ey.

I have been feeling more and more like this as the days pass. Another couple of months and I'll probably end up developing multiple personalities and starting a secret society with my friends where we beat the crap out of each other after work twice a week. I think I'll call it "Fight Club."

My friend Maryanne and I got bored the other day so we went down to the glass breezeway to eat some candy and watch them load bodies into the morgue like usual, and she started telling me about how her fiance Philip wanted the two of them to go as Heidi and Spencer for Halloween. There were so many things confusing to me about that. First off, aside from looking like poster children for the utopian race of the Third Reich, there is nothing about those two that really stands out, and therefore nothing off of which you could base a costume. Secondly, how does her allegedly straight boyfriend know who Heidi and Spencer are? I hope he's not gay. And if he is, I hope he comes out before they get married and have kids. Thirdly, if I were going to do a couples costume at Halloween, I would go as something really kick ass. Like Marilyn Manson and his 12 year old actress/girlfriend. Or Ozzy and Sharon. But Heidi and Spencer? Come on Philip, get a grip.

No comments: