Thursday, October 30, 2008

i'm nostalgic today, just ignore me


For reasons unknown I think I am falling in love with JLC again. Like the same way I did my junior year of high school. Maybe it's the fact that I will for the rest of my life associate this time of year in Charleston with their Dockstreet show. Perhaps it is my inexplicable inability to meet Jay Clifford in person (we literally record music at the same studio and play music at the same venues--how has this still not happened). Whatever the reason, I really like it.

In that same vein, I really miss college sometimes. Not the part where I would have recurring nightmares that the well-being of my family depended on my ability to adequately draw the three main Lewis structures of a calcium carbonate molecule, but the other stuff. The stuff I could never re-create now. Like when we would have those 3 hour lunches with Mike and Marti and that crew--how did that happen? Even now, if I had the time to do something like that, the desire is gone. Yet we did it every day for like 5 months.

I know that 10 years from now I'll look back and think "God what I would give to be in my mid-twenties again. That was such a great time."

No comments: