Tuesday, August 19, 2008

this morning was a sad morning.

So I'm back from New York already. It went just as fast as I thought it would, but I feel like the most was made out of a short trip. On the taxi ride to the airport we took the bridge and so I was given a breathtakingly panoramic view of what I was leaving. It was only when the driver yelled at me to stop smearing his window with face oil that I realized I had been watching the retreat of the city much in the same way that Dustin Hoffman's character in The Rain Man might--my top half twisted sideways, forehead against the glass, mouth open, and the index finger of my left hand tapping in regular intervals against the bottom of the window pane. Fortunately we were in the far right lane so no one was passing and worrying about the autistic girl in the cab all by herself.

I didnt get to work today until 2:30, and I fully intend on leaving at 5 as usual. I woke up feeling kind of weird this morning--it may have been from traveling so late. Or it may be that during the course of my time in the air and on layover I ate a turkey sandwich, a large heathbar cookie, 3 bags of airplane peanuts, a bunch of gummi bears and dried apricots, a medium sized ghirardelli caramel chocolate square, a king size bag of cheddar cheese ritz bits, and a thing of honey roasted cashews. And a sprite zero. Either way, I definitely haven't been hungry yet today, even though it is well after 4 pm.

1 comment:

kelly said...

i'm still depressed. and the rain man thing made me crack up and snot.