Sunday, February 10, 2008

new leaf

I am using this lenten season as a vehicle to make some improvements in my life that I believe will result in an overall increase in general happiness. Some of the changes are profound, others are kind of stupid, but I think that most things in life are either one or the other anyway, so it works. Here's what's going to happen:

1: No more cursing. At all during lent, and in excess after lent is over. I have noticed that since I quit cursing, I become irate much less easily. I used to think that yelling "HEY, F@$# YOU PAL!" in traffic was an outlet for my frustration, but I think it might actually augment it.

2: No sweets. Once again, at all during lent, and in excess after. Sugar is my Achilles heel, and when I am not bingeing on it I find that I feel much better healthwise.

3: No more casual physical relationships. I don't know what I was thinking, but that is just not my style. I guess it's good that I know that for sure now, though, and at least my friendship with the guy escaped unscathed.

4: More basic wardrobe. Darker colors (black, blue). I've been over this previously, but it just makes me feel confident.

5: Church it up. My spritual life since I got here has suffered majorly, and it needs to be revived. I signed up for the Wednesday night women's Bible study at the church I have recently been attending. This same church also has a bi-monthly seminar called "Talks on Tap" where you come, drink some beer and discuss timely Christian topics. The one coming up is a debate between 2 professors from CofC, one of whom is a Christian Creationist and one of whom is a Christan Darwinist. I think this is a good match.

6: Cell phone = Landline. I am going to leave my cell phone at my house and only check it when I return home, just like people did with their landlines in the old days. There will be exceptions to this rule, but I'm going to try to stick to this one as much as reasonably possible.

So that's the plan. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

kelly said...

but i like you in color. that's unfortunate.