Friday, April 6, 2012

This entry not only has a weird twist at the end, but also proves that I am the laziest person on the fucking earth

Until around 1pm I had been laying in bed reading blogs all morning/early afternoon, in my pajamas, filthy hair and unbrushed teeth, the whole nine yards.

But you know what? I didn't want to waste the whole day IN BED--how lame is that?  So I got up, showered, dried my hair...but what to wear? 

My first instinct was to jam into my favorite Disgusting Yellow Sweatpants, but those seem more fitting for casual lounging in bed, where I was looking to transition into more formal couch lounging.  So I dug through my drawer where I eventually found my Sexy Sweatpants from Victorias Secret--still sweatpants, but slightly more fitted with a flared leg and low-rise waistband**

But then I started to over analyze.  My feminist mind became vaguely offended at the idea of sexy sweatpants.  I mean, what the fuck?? Have I seriously become so pre-conditoned by society to look cute at all times that I cant even allow myself to wear non-sexy sweatpants in the comfort and security of my locked one-bedroom apartment?  How sad and awful is that? 

Like most things in life, this tumultuous upheaval was resolved with a compromise:  Sexy Sweatpants paired with unsexy-but-still-totally-rad oversized Guns N Roses tshirt, brushed teeth, but still no makeup.  Perhaps my daughters' daughters will one day live in a world where they can wear their ugly yellow sweatpants, not only in their homes but out in public,  without fear of personal of public retribution.  I went out and got coffee with no mascara on the other morning, so I feel as though I can say I've been to the mountaintop.

God I'm inspiring.

**do not confuse Sexy Sweat Pants with Yoga Pants, as Yoga Pants are for loungers on the go (i.e. public lounging such as coffee shops or matinees).

No comments: