Sunday, September 11, 2011

today

Obviously today is significant for everyone. Because while we are all reminded of the ten year anniversary of our country's worst tragedy, people are inherently self-centered.

So we will all also think about how quickly the time has gone by, how scary the quickness is, how have i done so little in ten years, i cant believe that when that happened i had yet to have [insert one of the millions of things you have done or seen or experienced since then].

I hadnt started college yet. I had never been overseas. I didnt have any tattoos. I had no idea that i would move to the west coast. I had never been heartbroken. I still had the lumina.

All of these things happened after 9/11. And without meaning to, that is how I intellectualize it all. I think of who i was before, and who i have become since.

And im grateful to have been given all of those days. None of them were owed to me, none of them were guaranteed, many were taken for granted and thats ok. I think that the biggest tribute we can make to those who are gone is to continue along to the path towards our purpose in the best ways we know how. As fearlessly and as full of intent as possible.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: