Monday, October 25, 2010

yay im getting my life back!

Just had a flashback to one night that I spent in my apartment in Claire Tower in Columbia during my last few months there. In my apartment I had the most ballin view of the statehouse ever, and there was an insane electrical storm going on outside. So since I couldn't sleep, I switched off the lights, turned on Cat Power (The Greatest, if anyone cares) and watched the storm for like an hour. It was one of those unplanned life moments that people like Zach Braff put in movies, and that you always reach for but can never really intentionally replicate.

I thought of this because I am officially moving in with myself again in two weeks, after three and a half long years of roommates and forced socialization. I will be doing the following things after this happens:

1. Leaving the Food Network on in the background at all times, no matter what I am doing. Except when Emeril or Guy Fieri or Tyler Florence come on with some boring grilling bullshit, during which time I will switch it to Discovery Health or maybe A&E or something.

2. Did I mention I get free satellite???!?!?

3. Keeping alcoholic beverages stocked in my fridge, as well as wine in the kitchen. Right now everyone I live with thinks that anyone who leaves alcohol in the fridge must have bought it for everyone, but if not I'll give you a couple of bucks to buy some more, ok? Yeah, I can't crack open a couple of bucks at the end of a long day, asshole. Quit stealing my beer.

4. Buying organic food. And cooking. I used to do this when I lived alone. But now the fridge is so gross from 5 people's worth of old groceries that need to be thrown out, I can't even bear to eat at home. Here's to homemade shrimp and grits, hooray!!!

5. Walking around naked/in my underwear. Not because I'm so liberated and sexy that I can't stand wearing clothes. Because when I get home, I want to take off my clothes, and leave them off till I am forced to put them back on tomorrow. Everyone does this, but I haven't been able to for a few years, because I've been living with guys and am not that kind of gal (tee hee!).

6. Subscribing to Real Simple. I'm signing a 13 month lease. I finally have the guts to commit to a magazine subscription.

7. Buy a couch. Look at me, making commitments all over the place!! I already have a bed and desk too!

1 comment:

Mr. Michael Jones said...

Go, girl! Eating shrimp and grits naked is just, well, it's just spectacular. Have fun!