Monday, October 11, 2010

I was sitting in lecture today listening to my professor speak on the philosophy of chiropractic medicine, and I realized out of nowhere--I am passionate about school and my career and my future for the first time in my entire life. I can't even explain it--I've been walking around feeling like I'm in love for the past two weeks. I had to go in for open cadaver lab this past Saturday--didn't care. I was there for twelve straight hours of class and study and lab today--whatever. I seriously love every single thing that I am learning about so much and can see myself at the goal so clearly. And the coolest thing is that our professors are just as excited for us and we are, and in such a modest way. They want us to learn everything and be experts in our field and fluent in the language of our trade, but overall they want us to be compassionate healers and public servants. Normally this type of speech would make my eyeballs roll back in my head and activate my gag reflex, but it's so sincere that I don't. I feel inspired in a way that I don't think I ever have in my life. Like I've found my calling. I never thought I would get to say that.

1 comment:

kelly said...

i'm so happy for you. it's an amazing time when stuff actually starts making sense!! yay!