Saturday, November 28, 2009

take this sinking boat/and point it home

There is something that I've noticed over the past several years with my experiences in making music that I've never really expressed for fear that it would make me seem kind of crazy. For me, making music is an extremely emotional experience, as I'm sure it is for most people. And when I write a piece of music or a song with a person of the opposite sex, its like I sort of--for lack of a more accurate term--fall in love with that person a little. Even if its just for that week, or night, or even that hour. But I almost always feel a very strong attachment to whoever that guy is. It doesn't mean that I want to marry him, or date him, or even sleep with him, but something happens that I can't quite explain.

I thought that this sentiment was just me being really weird, but I saw the movie Once tonight. And if you've never had the experience that I just described firsthand, please watch Once and live it vicariously. Because its a pretty spectacular feeling.

No comments: