Thursday, July 9, 2009

memories from like 10 days ago

Highlights of my trip up north:

-Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's home. Which also functions as a sort of nursing home for his aging former students. Weird.

-When I saw a deer while I was running near my great aunt's house. It didn't really seem surprised to see me, and actually sort of stared at me as I jogged within about 5 feet of it so I suspect it was in fact not technically wild, but it was cool nonetheless.

-The 550 piece glow-in-the-dark wizard puzzle that I bought for a dollar at an antique store and only managed to complete halfway. That shit was HARD.

-Cheese curds, cheese fondue, cheese fudge, string cheese, etc

-And last but probably most awesome--Michael Jackson's childhood home in Gary Indiana. The best part was when I was staring at the t-shirt tent thinking "what kind of goddamn idiot would even consider paying $15 for these shitty shirts," and then my mom came up behind me and was like "do you have any cash?" In retrospect, I am grateful she asked because my t-shirt is AMAZING.

No comments: