Thursday, January 29, 2009

yawn

It has been overcast here for the entire month of January, and although normally I love weather like this, lately it has started to take its toll. I woke up this morning and even though I could hear my alarm, I could not summon the will to roll over and snooze it. I just laid there, all awake in my brain but paralyzed from the eyelids down. Bonk.

And now I'm going to make a list of things that I don't understand the point of:

1) Space travel. What the hell. Instead of shooting rockets and temperamental Mars rovers into space, why don't we just dig a big hole in the ground in Arizona somewhere, fill it with money, and then douse it in gasoline and set it on fire? Or we could put all the money in a pile and surround it by ACME dynamite, and then someone could set off the dynamite by pushing down on one of those boxes with the t-handle on the top. Either way.

2) The Large Hadron Collider. There probably is an actual legitimate reason to build an underground room 10 miles long in order to accelerate particles which may or may not even exist to nearly the speed of light, but as I am too much of moron to understand anything beyond the most basic principles of physics, these reasons will continue to elude me.

3) Online forums. Very few people who comment to online forums ever have anything useful to say. Or even seem to speak English, for that matter.

4) High School. I could have taken a 4 year nap after middle school, begun college, and have been equally as prepared academically.

5) Those fridges with the TVs in them. Cool? Yes. Purposeful? No.

6) Automatic everything in bathrooms. No thank you, I can flush my own toilet. No thank you, I can pump my own handsoap. No thank you, I can turn on my own water. No thank you, I can pull out my own paper towel. I don't know what I'm going to do when they start installing automatic ass-wipers.

7) Braille at drive thru ATMs. It's a cliched query, yes, but my knowledge has still never been explained.

No comments: