Tuesday, December 2, 2008

frick, i spent 130 dollars on two items at banana republic yesterday

Justification: one of the items cost 100 bucks and was a gift.

Whew, had to get that one off of my chest. I always feel really weird about spending money on clothes, probably because in the back of my mind I know that any given item of clothing anywhere is actually worth around 2 dollars in raw textiles. Plus the dollar a day that they paid the 3-year-old indian kid who sewed it together.

I'm supposed to be at a video/teleconference with the botanical center in Clemson right now. I wrote out the word "video/teleconference" to see if it comes off as self-important in print as it does out loud. It does.

Question: if I were to go to the Macstore and falsely claim that I am an MUSC student for a discount on a new computer even though I am definitely not a student, could I get into any type of legal trouble? I was in there before and was testing the waters asking if I could use my ID for a discount on an Ipod, and all they did was look at my extremely arbitrary-looking ID and them write down "MUSC" on a sheet of scrap paper. On a related subject, I think I am starting to understand why I scored so incredibly low on the ethics quiz that I took online the other day. What can I say, I'm not a person who is opposed to scamming The Man.

No comments: