Wednesday, November 12, 2008

i'm typing this with a really stressed-out looking face so my boss thinks i'm working

This is officially my new favorite drink. Over Diet Coke, which has consistently been my favorite since around the 8th grade. So this is a big day for me. Unfortunately, I learned from a yankee friend that I hang out with that drinking Mountain Dew in general is considered to be a sign of a redneck upbringing. To which I counter, so what? I'll admit there are a lot of things about my family that are a little bit white-trash. Seventies model Jeep on blocks in back yard? Check. Three legged coonhound? Check. Giant brushpile which is recklessly lit by a male member of my family once every two months or so in the immediate vicinity of low-hanging tree branches? Check. Sure, each of these things on its own is kind of trashy, but I like to think that when we do it, its more quirky and eccentric. Therefore, me drinking Mountain Dew is also quirky. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an Elvis-shaped jello mold that my cousin Beaufort gave me in celebration of Confederate Memorial Day that needs to be filled and refrigerated.

No comments: