Wednesday, September 3, 2008

apparently i have strep throat

Yeah, for the past 4 days my throat has gotten increasingly worse, and I finally decided to do something about it. Normally I would wait until I was knocking on death's door before I even took the step to call my dad and ask if I should do anything about an illness, but that hurricane is supposed to come on Friday, so I really didn't want to be stranded on my roof in a nightgown waiting for the National Guard to drag me up into a helicoptor AND have to put up with a debilitating disease at the same time.
Anyways, I actually went to the doctor. Literally for the first non-checkup visit of my life. That's sad, but true. I went in all like "um, I'm not here for a checkup, I'm just sick...am I in the right place?" and had to go into a sick waiting room with all of these disgusting wheezing children. The doctor gagged me with one of those strep-test q-tips, and it came back positive. The awkward thing is that I don't feel that bad, but I can't go into work because I'm extremely contagious. So when I called my boss to break the news to him, it sounded something like this:

Mike: Hello?

Me: Hey Mike!

Mike: ...are you calling me from down the hall?

Me: Noo, no...I was just calling because I went to the doctor and he told me that I had strep so I couldn't come in to work today on account of being really contagious. Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know!

Mike: Um, ok. Well, I'll see you...possibly not until next week?

Me:(suddenly realizing that I don't even sound remotely sick over the phone and wanting to make up for it) Um, probably not. But I may come in tonight just to get some work done! K Bye!

Aaaaaand here I am. I actually did come in at 8:30 pm. Just to say I did. I almost posted a picture of a throat with strep just so i would have a picture to go with my blog, but all the pictures I could find were completely repulsive.

No comments: