Wednesday, August 27, 2008

overacheiver's anonymous (not me)

I went out for some drinks with my friend John tonight. In the past six months since I have seen him he has done the following:

*bought a house
*bought a Triumph motorcycle
*gotten 3 tattoos
*gotten engaged to someone

and my personal favorite,

*started an extremely successful not-for-profit organization in which he and his new fiancee read to, tutor, and hold writing workshops for underprivileged children.

Really??? REALLY???? I'm hard pressed to think of anything worthwhile that i have acheived in the past six months. Honestly, I'm pretty ok with that seeing as I can finally know where things are headed, but come on. I was actually extremely happy for him because when we first met almost two years ago he had just been handed the rawest deal ever and was barely picking up the pieces, but still. The whole thing is pretty Hansel-from-Zoolander-ish when you put it all down on paper.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Uhhh...you did cut a record. Just sayin'.

Unknown said...

omg, thank you. i seriously do feel better right now.