Monday, June 9, 2008

silver lining (with bling)

As sad as I was to see Hillary officially eliminated from potential candidacy on Saturday, I am beginning to feel really encouraged by Obama's emerging shrewdness.

Check it: Obama wins the candidacy, leaving behind many a jilted Hillary supporter along with a somewhat divided democratic party. At this point I think everyone knows that there is too much bad blood for Obama/Hillary to be a dream ticket anymore. So what does he do? He puts Caroline Kennedy at the top of his list of potential VP candidates. Not only is she very intelligent, and not only is she a woman, and not only does everyone think her dad was fucking Obi-Wan Kenobi, but she has almost no drama surrounding her personal or work life. Granted she doesn't have much political experience, but what do VPs really do anyway besides have heart attacks and maim people with buckshot on hunting trips?

On a completely superficial front (which is way more important that any of us would like to admit) she is very attractive and has a perfect little family that has stayed intact for a really long time.

An come one, how good would a "Obama/Kennedy" bumper sticker look? It's like this brilliant combination of progress and nostalgia. I'm being completely manipulated, and I love it!

PS--did I mention that she is the director of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund??? I am shitting myself with glee right now over how smart he is being.

No comments: