Tuesday, March 11, 2008

remember that time sean fitzsimmons and I saw tony shalhoub?

My friend Sean Fitzsimmons and I were having coffee at the Starbucks under the Westin-Francis Marion on Saturday when suddenly we noticed a flurry of activity outside. Since most of it was a bunch of frat guys acting like dipshits and hitting each other, we ignored it. After a few minutes though, Sean figured out what what going on:

Sean: "Hey, that's...HOLY SHIT, IT'S MONK!!"
Me: "What? A monk?"
Sean: "You know that show, Monk? It's Tony Shalhoub!"
Me: "No way!!! Holy crap everyone, it's Tony Shalhoub!"

Fact is, I have only ever seen one episode of Monk in my life. But that doesn't take away from the fact that I saw him. With Sean, who I hadn't seen in two years. In Charleston. It was a special moment.

In other news...
My boss is sick. Our grad student is out of town. Our post-doc is sick. It is 2pm. Would it be completely dishonest if I went home now but took credit for a whole day?

No comments: